I'm almost heading into my second month of Birth Control Pills, and I wanted to update you guys on some of the effects that I have been experiencing so far. I know I haven't officially wrote it on the blog, but for those that follow me on my vlog channel should know that I have decided to take birth control pills, once again!, to help get rid of my jawline and neck acne.
So far, here are some noticeable side effects(?) that happened during the first month.
- First few days : Horrible, HORRIBLE mood swings. I do confess that I have a short temper, but the first few days were beyond all-hell-broken-loose-bitchiness. I was moody, easily irritated and angry for no reason. No change in appetite or weight, but I was very snappy with a major attitude problem.
- Also first few days : Random breaks outs on areas that usually aren't considered problem areas. I got a random acne on the middle of my cheek. I also don't have forehead acnes, but I did get some smaller ones near my hairline.
- Post-mood swings and random break outs : Second week - third week was the 'adjusting' period. My violent mood swings calmed down and breakouts happened less. I still had the occasional jawline breakouts, but there were some improvement in that department.
- Third week : Major horniness. I'm somewhere in the moderate section of the sexy/horniness spectrum, but the BC pills seem to have triggered by horny button. I felt like my boobs swelled up (pre-menstural) more than usual and I was horny 24/7. No PMSing or cramps.
- Immediately before the period : I'm noticing A LOT more body acne than before. I had one or two breakouts on the chest area, but never like this. Now my entire chest, upper arm and back area is starting to break out (and it's painful)! I feel like my skin problem is migrating downwards, as first it was the cheekbone/temple area that went down to the jawline, then the neck, and now the chest/upper arms and back. I hate how I'm getting body acne and really hope it's a temporary thing.
- Period comes : I'm blessed to
notbarely have any mensural cramps, but this period went away like a breeze. I hardly bled (even on the second day, which I usually bleed so much I have migraines and slight dizziness), and the days were short.
Oh, and one other thing I've noticed is my skin and hair oiliness. I'm not sure if it's the dry California weather, or if it's the pills kicking in, but my skin and hair aren't as oily as they used to be. I can hardly say that my skin and hair greases up anymore. I think the dry weather has more to do with this, but I'll just put that factor on the table too.
Here are some updated pictures of my jawline/neck acne (taken a couple minutes ago ^^). I still have the horrid scars, but I don't have any active breakouts. So yay for the calming down of jawline acne and *sob* for the body acne.
I'm sorry I've been a bit sluggish with my posts. I've been moving in to my new apartment, and I was a bit preoccupied with it. I have a couple more posts I want to post, so I guess I'll see you guys really soon in my next post. ^__^