I wanted to introduce one of my favorite workout videos of all time. I've tried almost every workout video out in the market, and this is one of my favorites.
Here are some points that might be helpful for you guys.
- This video is for toning and creating a feminine figure. It helps shape your body into a more girly figure. It not a split-second burst, high impact type of video. It's rather a slowly building-up video.
- Take every step seriously and try to extend your movements (and muscles) to the max. If you finish the video without feeling like you've worked out, you didn't do it properly. For example, when you are doing the arm movements, stretch them out as far as they go and don't swing them in an half-ass effort. You're investing your time in it, so doing it properly is really going to bring in good results! :)
- No specific abdomen workout. I think abs are incorporated in every step of the video.
- Try to follow everything she does. When she breathes in, you do so too. When she has her back straight, so do you. When she sticks her thumbs up, you do that - mirror her!
- If you have a muffin top or a lot of fat around the upper thigh, lower back, pelvic bone area, this is going to be a great workout video for you.
- You have to be consistent AND patient. Do it everyday. It's not a hardcore video so it's really not that intimidating nor straining.
- If you get to a point where you think the last thigh part is a breeze, it's time to start doing this video 2x in a row. Or combine more rigorous activities along with this video.
- Try following the female instructor (ironically, the male looks like a female and vice versa, but try to mirror the trainer in white pants. She has the more accurate movements).
- The key to this workout is NEVER STOP MOVING. That's the whole point of the 'hip dance' in between certain sets. You want to keep moving to keep your heart pumping. Don't stop in the middle and just stare at her. You'll notice that throughout the entire 40 minutes, they never stop. It's all about continuously moving.
- She doesn't say anything, so don't worry about the language barrier! :)
Here's some bio on the lady in the middle. She's a super famous person in Korea called MoemJJang Ajumma, loosely translating as 'Mrs. Best Body'. Her success story of losing weight and actually toning up at a pretty late age was one of the biggest media sensations in Korea some years ago.
This is one of the images that surfaced on the Internet that made her an overnight sensation. And here's some motivating before and after photos.
I'm not saying that you'll turn into a body like hers in any short period of time. It took her many years to sculpt her body. She's said it herself, working out takes only a small percentage of losing weight and having a great body - it's actually what you eat that determines a lot of things.
I'm just going to assume that you guys are on a healthy diet and adding this workout routine will help you shed some unwanted flabs. Have fun!!! ^__^